We are a dedicated group of like-minded individuals who care very much for Storrington’s environment and we take practical action to improve it for both people and wildlife.
Don’t miss Storrington Conservation Society AGM 2016
Saturday 22nd October 2pm at Storrington Village Hall.
Guest Speaker from Igas – Describing Storrington’s Oil Well
Including where it is, how much oil it produces and how it is extracted.
An opportunity to be brought up to date and to ask your questions
The meeting includes our short AGM
Come and hear about our work – All Welcome
Entrance £3 – Refreshments provided.
We have now started to implement work as part of its excitiing major project to improve Fryern Dell, the grounds of the former Fryern House. We are also looking for anybody within the the village who may have known the site in years gone by. We are looking for documents, photographs and personal recollections. If you can help please get in touch.
Since its formation Storrington Conservation Society’s Achievements include:
- Undertaking a variety of conservation projects such as pond management, tree planting, footpath and management.
- Achieving over 5,000 volunteer workdays in making Storrington a better place for its people and for wildlife.
- Raising awareness of wildlife related issues at our periodic lunchtime talks.
- Establishing and co-ordinating a weekly programme of Healthy Walks in and around Storrington.
- Being one of the major voices in convincing the District Council to build the Riverside Walks and carrying out the major refurbishment of the Mill Pond..