We are a dedicated group of like-minded individuals who care very much for Storrington’s environment and we take practical action to improve it for both people and wildlife.
Stop Press:- Storrington In Bloom 2015
It is the time of year that we all join forces to make the village look its best for the in bloom awards.
This year Storrington In Bloom have a range of catogries for awards including.
Get your entries in (or nominate someone else for a chance of winning a prize!)
FRONT GARDEN – COMMUNITY AREA
www.storringtoninbloom.co.uk or pick up anentry form from The Village Florist
Closing date 13th June
We have now started to implement work as part of its excitiing major project to improve Fryern Dell, the grounds of the former Fryern House. We are also looking for anybody within the the village who may have known the site in years gone by. We are looking for documents, photographs and personal recollections. If you can help please get in touch.
Since its formation Storrington Conservation Society’s Achievements include:
- Undertaking a variety of conservation projects such as pond management, tree planting, footpath and management.
- Achieving over 5,000 volunteer workdays in making Storrington a better place for its people and for wildlife.
- Raising awareness of wildlife related issues at our periodic lunchtime talks.
- Establishing and co-ordinating a weekly programme of Healthy Walks in and around Storrington.
- Being one of the major voices in convincing the District Council to build the Riverside Walks and carrying out the major refurbishment of the Mill Pond..